The Chronicle of Our Farmstead
Old documents dating back to the year 1288 mention a farmstead called "Fiechter" (< "spruce") built under a spruce forest, behind the village of Ponticino. In other documents, it is referred to as "Fiechter am See" ("Fiechter on the Lake").
The handsome Fiechterhof Farmstead has been in the possession of the Felderer Family since 1881. Josef Felderer, from the Pusteria Valley, purchased the farm from the previous owner, Peter Stuefer. His son, also named Josef, took over the farm in 1892 and opened up a country inn in the cellar of the main building. In 1933, the family planned to relocate the inn, and so began the construction of an inn approx. 400 meters north of the farm. In 1935, operations were transferred to the new building.
The impressive barn was built in 1857, and can still be admired today.
Since 2001, the current owner, Albert, and his wife Elisabeth and their children manage the Fiechterhof. After the successful renovation of the upper story in 2006, the family has been renting out two vacation apartments to vacationers eager to get a taste of life "down on the farm."
From September 12 to October 25, 2019
January 09 to February 23 2019
September 12 to November 08, 2019